Focus On Your Eyes
Your eyes are amazing!
They help you see and perceive the world around you.
The eye is one of the organs in your body responsible to receives light and visual images.
You don’t need to know their intricate workings to take good care of them. However, it helps to know the basics so you can identify any problems early on.
The eye is made up of the following parts:
- Cornea – clear tissue right in the front of the eye
- Pupil – dark hole in the middle of the eye
- Iris – colored circular shaped section around the pupil
- Lens – the small clear disk inside the eye which focuses light onto the back of the eye
- Retina – lining at the back of the eye
- Optical Nerve – transmits messages from the retina to the brain
- Macula – an area of the retina which is responsible for focusing on fine details
- Vitreous – Clear, jelly-like substance which fills the center of the eye
The video below demonstrate the basic anatomy of our eyes…
Injury, infection or damage to any part of the eye will affect vision; and could lead to permanent loss of sight unless it’s treated immediately.
Take good care of your eyes by maintaining your health and seeing your eye doctor every year!
Thank you for being part of our practice family!
For any question about your eye health, click HERE to schedule an appointment now or call 407-292-9812!