What is Orthokeratology (Ortho-K) Therapy?
The gentle reshaping of the cornea with custom made rigid contact lenses that are worn while sleeping, in order to correct near-sightedness (myopia). These special lenses are removed upon waking, the result is clear vision all day long without the need for glasses or contact lenses.
Who is a candidate?
- People who dislike glasses and contact lenses
- Employees who work in dusty work environments
- Those who want refractive surgery but are not candidates, have a fear of surgery, or can’t afford it
- Patients with diagnosis of myopia progression or with a family history of short-sightedness
- Athletes and those who spend a lot of time doing outdoor or water activities
How does it work?
Orthokeratology (Ortho-K) therapy is a non-surgical solution that uses specially designed contact lenses (like Paragon CRT lenses) to improve vision. When worn overnight, Paragon CRT contact lenses gently corrects the curvature of the cornea by creating a gentle pressure, resulting in a corneal shape that focuses light correctly onto the retina. When removed in the morning, distant objects will come back into focus and patients can see clearly without the use of glasses or daytime contacts.
Is Ortho-K Safe?
Yes, Ortho-K therapy is completely safe and reversible! Ortho-K is an FDA-approved, non-surgical procedure with little risk involved. The CRT lenses are very comfortable and worn while you’re home sleeping. You may discontinue wearing the lenses at any time, but must be willing to resume daytime glasses or contact lens wear again when your myopia returns.
Is Ortho-K Therapy right for me?
How to Get Started?
For more info on Ortho-K and other myopia control treatments, call us at (407) 292-9812 or click HERE to schedule a FREE consultation!